Wednesday, October 17, 2012

2012 VoxBox Review!

So!  In my previous post, I mentioned I received a beauty blogger's VoxBox from Influenster.  In this post, I'll expand a little on what products I received, but this is not a review for the individual products!

There's the contents of the VoxBox!  With my bathrobe as a backdrop, haha.  It came simply packaged, a box secured by a sticky label.  No visible damage to the box or the products~~ This VoxBox specifically contains the following:

  • NYC IndividualEyes Custom Compact - $4.99 value
This compact has primer, illuminator, applicator(s) and a 4-shadow palette, I received the one in grey tones, because I have hazel/green eyes.  Other users with different eye colors will have received the same product in a different color palette.
  • Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit - $5.99 value
Kits comes with eyelashes, adhesive, and an applicator and tray.  The glue is latex-free, and they're 100% real hair.  (Allegedly, they will hold for 24 hours of wear, too.)  I've never used false lashes before, so this will be interesting...
  • Bath & Body Works Mini Candle - $3.50 value
I received the Cider Lane scented candle, which smells like cider, caramel, and cinnamon!  I can't wait to burn it, I love the autumn-y scents so so much.  They also sent a coupon to get a 3-wick candle from Bath & Body works for $10, valid in-store and online until the 28th.  I may just have to use this coupon.  (:
A gift for you guys, too!  I don't have many followers on Blogspot yet, but if you're interested, you can use the code F126566 online for the same deal ($10 3-wick candle).  Please tell me if you run into a problem using it~ 
  • EBOOST - $28 for 20 or $39 for 30 value
Eboost claims to boost my mood, focus, and immunity without a crash and natural ingredients.  They offer shots or powders (I got a powder packet), and it comes in Orange, Pink Lemonade, Aca Pomegranate and Super Berry.  I got the orange!  I will post a review once I've had it.

  • Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin - $7.29 value
Ok, so. If anyone knows me, they know I suck at up-dos.  In fact, my hairstyles are limited to down, down-pigtail, down-pigtail braid, and headband.  If these spin pins works as they claim to, I can put together a decent bun/up-do without much effort or skill.  Looking forward to trying these out!

  • Not Your Mother's Smooth Moves Frizz Control Hair Cream - $6.00 for 4oz value
They also offered "Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Creme", which is not right for my hair so they sent this one lol.  The one I received is designed to fight my frizzles with coconut milk and silk extracts.  (The other curl one has grape seed and jasmine).  I'll probably test this once I get my hair trimmed!


Some members have the chance to then receive one of two bonus products, based on demo information & stuff.

Vitabath Fragrance Mist or Boots No. 7 Beautiful Skin

I'm a sucker for fragrances, and the vitabath ones are allegedly light-weight, conditioning, and packed with antioxidants.  They have 16 scents!  I'll let you know if I qualify for either bonus item, of course.


That's it for my first VoxBox!  I think my favorite item from the start is the candle--I've been smelling the thing (it's on my lap) since I began writing this post haha.  I have high hopes for the NYC eye palette and the Goody style pins, because I will be most likely to use those.  Always skeptical about "boost" products, because most I have tried taste awful, give me hot flashes, or send me into a crash.  ):  So we'll see how that goes...

No worries!  As I try the products out, I'll post reviews with photos here.  I've considered starting a Vlog for reviews, but to be honest, I'm not so sure it'd get off the ground enough to be worth my time.  S:  In the meantime...

Take care!

P.S.  I will be starting a review series of every lolita item in my wardrobe.  I will most likely begin with skirts, but we'll see.  (:  



No comments:

Post a Comment